View Single Post
Old 02-28-2023, 12:34 PM   #5
PaulJG

Re: 73+ K10 springs input

I think I was just looking for more info..similar questions Ive read on others threads.
Im not up to speed on springs! .Springs for Dummies. ha. This is what Ive gathered..

So 67-72 tapered springs are no longer available nor made..that is tapered 3" at eye to 2 1/2 at axle pad. Most 73+ are 2 1/2 wide..factory was 2. 3/4.
Tapered can mean both width of spring as well as thickness. Duh(needed to look at a bunch) Tapered thickness is a higher quality spring/pack. Makes engineering sense anyway. The Dormans are non tapered from pics..affordable. Springs seem to taper (width)towards the eye...This seems to affect size bushing needed..at least the shoulder. Be nice to have 3" at the eye with ¼" of bushing on each side to fill the 3 1/2" space. Or use fat washers. I'm preplanning..want to use stock as I want mostly no lift running 32" tires. Springs have 2 different style clips/retainers. Bolt style may not allow movement. Arguments against other style. Other springs have riveted on teflon liners on the leafs..I think on tapered thickness springs only..hmm interesting idea.
So there is a lot to say..
Need a podcaster to do an expensive..buy all the different types and do some kind of analysis. Many of you have said alot about your experiences..thank you. It's useful. If I wanted a 2 1/2" lift I'd buy the skyjackers...seemingly best reviews. Toughcountry in there somewhat.

For now now since I can't can't find a used pair..I plan to buy the Dormans for temporary fitment. Go from there. Next option down the road would be custom springs as it seems there is little choice for stock springs.
Info is power..my engineer brother says!
PaulJG is offline   Reply With Quote