View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 12:57 AM   #9
Burbnasty

Re: Picked this up last night- 1970 4x4 need to make decision

shearjs: your not dirtying up the thread at all, I'm glad I can actually help with something!

That picture is actually from the old owner, I've not yet picked the burb up yet as it is still being stored at the previous owners. I just didn't have any other pics of it and was eager to show it off. So I've never personally hauled it on that trailer...........However a friend of mine sold a 1974 caprice to Indiana, from Northern Michigan, I was going down for the holidays anyway, so I hauled it down for him. Instead of towing my trailer down and hauling for the rest of the time spent at the in-laws I rented a "one way trailer" from U-haul. Big mistake. I rented a trailer like the one in the picture, it was miserable. It is not meant for a car or truck that large. It death wobbled over 55 mph, we were all car sick, it was not safe, and my wife was not happy. I highly recommend against the uhaul trailer if you have any other options. If you must use a trailer like that do not tell them what you are hauling on it.
Good luck with your trip, if you use that trailer, don't bring your wife along... trust me!
Burbnasty is offline   Reply With Quote