View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 01:18 PM   #16
AJohn6
Knuckle head

Re: The Junkyard... 1971 C10 aka another good deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmyers84 View Post
How hard was it to do the harness? The e78 ecm throws a lot of people off it seems.
I wouldn't say it was hard but it was time consuming. I spent hours researching and the best help was lt1swap.com. I used his info on the E38 ECM and cross referenced it with the gmupfitters guide for the 2014 Express that I found online.

Once I got to the point where I felt comfortable doing it, I started ordering parts like wires and fuse blocks. I plan on doing this again soon but with a Gen III ecm so ordered extra wire and relays. One thing I recommend before taking the covering off of the original harness is the use a zip tie and any of the "branches" otherwise you end up with a mess like I did.

I triple checked before cutting wires or pulling pins so I minimized chances of screwing up. I had the motor out and was able to lay out how I wanted the harness to sit on the motor. Once it was in the engine bay I was able to finish the wiring to a degree of satisfaction. Next one I'll do it a little differently because I wasn't happy with the amount of extra loom I used because of my choice of what to bundle together and what not to. The real test will be when its actually on the road to see if I really jacked it up or not. Haha.

The hardest, or rather, most uncertain part was tuning the E38 to get rid of the VVT since i put a GenIII cam in it and VATS. Pretty sure VATS is removed because it runs. I think i got the VVT done right but will know for sure once i actually have a guy i know tune it.

I ordered a floor shifter with TU/TD buttons and hopefully I can make it work. Once I get it I will post more info.

Adam

'71 SWB/Step http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=291750
2017 Crew Cab Silverado LTZ with 6.2l, 8 Speed tuned by RPM in Garner, NC
'00 Chevy 1500 6.0l Silverado Reg. Cab Short Bed
'09 Chevy 1500 5.3l Silverado Crew Cab Short Bed (SOLD)
1971 LWB on 2014 1 ton chassis, L96 6.0LS / 6L90E http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=796785
1969 LWB C10- Future project, possible AWD C10 on a 2002 Escalade Chassis.

AJohn6 is offline   Reply With Quote