View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
Andy4639
Old member

Talking Re: My dad can say the darnest things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPAPA View Post
Andy ,,that was awesome,, I have stories about my dad too fooling me ,,and then I found out he was right ..

What did your dad do as a Chevrolet Worker? salesman ?

When dad started he was a mechanic at the dealership in Yazoo Miss.
They asked some time later if any of them would be interested in going to Detroit for some hands on training. Dad went.

Some time later they moved him to service manager and from their he just started moving around to new places.

He spent most of his time in the 70's in Charlotte NC area as the Chevy division head instructor for the southeast region.
He retired as the southeast region fleet truck manager for Chevy.

CountofMonteCarlo84,

I have asked him several times to move in with us but he is not going for it. He loves being in Conover NC and want budge on it. He want even talk about it anymore.
I have 3 older brothers who live within a 30 minute ride that take care of him mostly but I go up as much as I can just to spend time with him.
I love talking to him about all the cars and trucks he had over the years.
Funny fact he had 30 + years with GM and never had a vehicle title in his name. Mom owned a bunch of cars though!

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote