View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 10:35 PM   #4598
mick53

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

I started playing with my 12 port cross flow head. I would like to give a shout out to Mike Kirby, Ryan and Erik Falconer, and Leo Santucci for all their help and putting up with my crazy ideas. They always call me back and spend quite a bit of time with me on the phone. Leo has been great and he is familiar with this head. Additional head studs will need to be installed. As long as it has to go back to the machine shop I decided to have the main caps doweled to remove the 800 hp barrier. I'm also stepping up to a 6-71 blower and 2 650 DP carbs. The water comes out of the head on the side.The intake manifold will have to plumbed to a remote thermostat. The problem I'm working on now is the push rod angle. I don't know how much that can be. I have seen pictures of BBC heads with a lot of angle. The push rods end up outside of the engine. Leo says that's no big deal. They do clear the block. I don't have my rockers yet but the picture is pretty close to the angle they will end up. Maybe offset lifters and special push rods? I just got started on this. The plan then would be to make a backer frame and use original design covers. Probably pull a line into the dry sump from there. It's nice that the intake is on the passenger side because that is where all my oil lines and pump are. The headers will be all by themselves on the "hot side" of the engine. Thank you for your time and any advice in advance. You will notice I have not started polishing the head yet because my confidence level is not that high at this point. You polish it you bought it.
Attached Images

mick53 is offline   Reply With Quote