View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 11:14 PM   #247
joedoh

Re: Project: Kechi AD S10 4.3 auto

had the hood off so I wired the high beams and installed the second horn.

still need to attach the rad top and hook up the trans cooler lines, may do that while the hood is still off.

tackled that reluctant drivers door. it was super jiggly even when latched, I bought that extra door but I wasnt keen on swapping the door side latch behind my freshly installed window channel. I read up on adjusting and it said to add a little tilt to the cab side latch. problem though, the screws were SUPER reluctant from 70 years of being in the same place. I found a screwdriver with no handle in nicks S10, so I cut it short and hammered it in a 9mm 3/8 drive socket (finally a use for one). it worked for the tops, but the bottoms didnt budge. time to break out the big guns. I didnt want to drill out the screws, besides they had a good head still, not stripped (yet).

so I used a simple trick to use a cut of wheel and deepen the head slot for more bite with my kludged 9mm slotted screwdriver ratchet. it does score up the cab side latch, but not in a place that is important except for looks, and I am not putting on airs. worked a treat.

after that everything was ice cream on sunday. adjusted the tilt of the latch slightly and the door shuts with a finger now. the door stain is penetrant, I still think a good bump will open the door so I am planning to swap the outside handle.

after that I finally finished the booster swap. I cant attach video any longer but suffice it to say that there is no more rough idle and brakes are great.

I cut down the seat, need some seat bolts. tomorrow I will do seat and wipers and maybe some bed wood? dunno. Nic is bringing his 54 saturday morning, I would like to have mounts cut and tacked by then.
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote