View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 05:25 PM   #88
Altec
Getcha Pull

Re: Rusty76 and his '76

I just got my truck on the road after 10 years of kicking rocks. And I've done 90% of the work in the last 8 months. The final straw was accepting some hard facts. Mainly that I couldn't even think about body work, and I had buy parts weeks in advance. I chose to do everything in order of importance. Step one was getting the engine in it and running. So I ordered the clutch parts one pay check, then the fuel pump, and tune up parts the next pay check. After I got it running and moving I got it to stop. So over a months time I bought new everything for the brakes. Even line and prop valve! Next was suspension parts. New bushings, u bolts, etc. Then steering, then fuel system, then lights, and on down the line. $150 dollars a pay check on average. Other then my wheels/tires which I bought with a bonus at work.

Some things I had to accept so I could make progress. Like, I wanted a Cummins but I had to accept that I had a 454 that would drop in NOW, not later. Personally, I think your 400 is holding you back. If I was you, I would find a 350 on CL, or at the junkyard and move on. If your 400 being tore to bits 30 miles away is such a bummer and a distraction to the ultimate goal then it is time to move on. That is my opinion. Good luck man. Frankly, I think your truck has a cool patina now.

Attached Images

'96 Integra
Altec is offline   Reply With Quote