View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 08:07 AM   #17
special-K
Special Order

Re: 6 speed suddenly rough shifting

Yeah, you were lucky to be "local" when you discovered the problem. I'm sure as time goes by I will own a vehicle from this era. The old keeps getting older and so does the new. I've been saying for years, since vehicles went all electronic, complicated, and expensive to repair, that vehicles are made for those who can afford new and screw the people who have to buy used. That's how it's always been, but a person used to be able to figure out and fix their own old vehicles and the repairs were affordable. Meaning not a cost that rivals the price of a decent used vehicle. I've seen good not so old vehicles get junked because they needed a transmission. I couldn't believe it when I never paid more than a few hundred to get a TH350 done. I know it costs more now, but not thousands of dollars. Just think if the transmission goes up ten years from now. That repair cost will be higher and the value of the truck much less. You get hundreds of thousands of miles out of them now, but some just won't have the funds to pay for that, or not willing to dump it into an old truck.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote