View Single Post
Old 08-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #34
Dubnova

Re: 65 Big Window Build / Retro Mod …...

I have been hard at work on the truck. Cab is off along with the bed and frame. All new CPP stuff is either on the frame or on my shelf (I ordered it a long time ago ) I went with a complete tubular frame kit with big brakes from the guys at CPP. New GMPP E-ROD LS3 with 4l65e should be here any day. I am soliciting some paint advise from you guys. While removing the gas tank brackets from the back of the cab I drilled out one of the spot welds a little to deep and cut a hole in the cab. So......I figured we might as well paint the whole truck. It has been painted once before by PO scuffing the lacquer and spraying a very thin fresh coat of blue with about 4 gallons of clear on top of the blue. The truck would shine but, it had a bunch of runs in the clear. The floor pan had a hole where the original PO had installed what looks like a C.B. cable and I welded it up. I am torn between the factory blue with a white top or a complete color change. I would like to keep the factory C10 vibe but, I really like the colors that you just don't see every day. What do you guys think? Sorry for no update pics of the build. My photo bucket account id screwed up right now. I will try again later today. Not my to show just a nice black frame with new parts.
Dubnova is offline   Reply With Quote