View Single Post
Old 04-22-2005, 05:44 PM   #40
junkyardjohn

(QUOTE) To describe one example, on May 21, 1997, in Carson City, NV, an elderly married couple in a 1978 C/K pickup were both instantaneously immolated when they ran a stop sign at a city intersection and were struck just behind the passenger door by a crossing pickup truck. The fireball resulting from the exploding fuel tank engulfed the other truck as well, and while the 18-year-old driver of the second truck was still conscious when pulled from the burning cab by a witness to the crash, he was burned so severely that his young life ended in a Las Vegas hospital burn unit within the week. Witnesses at the scene recounted that he lay on the ground and was able to ask "Why?" three or four times. The answer to this question, of course, could be found not so much in a Nevada intersection as in Washington, DC and in GM's Michigan headquarters.
THAT ACCIDENT WAS ABOUT 3 MILES FROM MY HOUSE. THE TELEPHONE POLE THAT THE KIDS TRUCK WAS PUSHED UP AGAINST IS STILL AT THAT INTERSECTION & IS BURNT 20 FEET HIGH. 8 YEARS LATER, THERE ARE STILL FLOWERS PLACED THERE CONSTANTLY. FUEL TANK PLACEMENT IS A CHOICE EVERYONE NEEDS TO MAKE FOR THERESELVES. I REALISE THAT MOVING IT OUT OF IT'S STOCK LOCATION IS NOT SOMTHING THAT SOMEONE WANTS TO DO IF THEY ARE GOING FOR A 1000% STOCK RESTORATION , BUT G.M. ENGINEERS WERE MORE INTERESTED IN SAVING $2.20 A VEHICAL, THAN THIER COSTOMERS LIVES. 40 YR. OLD TECHKNOWLEDGY IS JUST THAT. A GALLON OF GAS WAS 22 CENTS, A LOAF OF BREAD WAS A DIME, & A GALLON OF MILK WAS 30 CENTS. I JUST KNOW THAT I WANT MYSELF & MY FAMLY TO BE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE FROM THE GAS TANK.THANKS FOR GOING THRU ALL OF THE TROUBLE OF LISTING THIS JAMIS...... JOHN
LIFE MEMBER OF P.E.T.A (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS)

DON'T RENT U-HAUL

ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH
IT WILL AMAZE PART OF THE PEOPLE & ASTONISH THE REST

Last edited by junkyardjohn; 04-22-2005 at 06:01 PM.
junkyardjohn is offline   Reply With Quote