View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #57
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 Burb - Project - GoldMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevswb View Post
What do you use to clean your parts to quickly and perfectly?
I typically start with a scraper to remove the big chunky stuff.. If degreasing is needed, then it is either done with a pressure washer (never seems to be the case for me ) or more typical, is the slow and tedious manner of spray, wipe, spray, wipe with some sort of degreaser and shop towels. I came across a product called Key Super Degreaser (see description below) which really speeds up this process.
After things are clean, I usually take a grinder with a wire wheel and give it a once over, or I use a flap disk if I need to smooth or remove any rough areas. Depending on conditions, I use the wire wheel before doing any wipe down as it does take off a ton of crap/crud on its own.
For final prep I use a wax and grease remover or Eastwood ‘pre’ cleaner.
I try and do at least two coats of primer followed by 2 or 3 coats of paint. I am really liking satin black, although I do like the look of Eastwood under hood black to.
Key Super Degreaser
“cuts through heavy concentrations of grease, dirt, oil and non-water soluble
contaminants. Perfect for engine and driveline degreasing as well as heavy grease industrial applications.
Works well to remove grease from tractors, forklifts and hydraulic equipment”

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3drburb View Post
Very nice rig. That is one of my favorite all time color, keep up the awesome work.
Thanks 3drburb!
I was initially drawn to this because of the color, it has really grown on me to the point I am considering it for my 67 K10 SWB too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by notchbackgta View Post
Do you know the size and pitch on that nut for the E-brake lever? I bought calipers without brackets (doh) but then I found someone that sells the brackets and springs, so I have those now, but I dont know what the nut size and pitch is, though I haven't looked at it too hard to figure it out. Just wondering if you knew.
Off the top of my head I don’t, but I am happy to take a look tonight and get that info for you.
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote