Thread: The Brown Turd
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #45
Thebrownturd

Re: The Brown Turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
I went and bough eight 4' fluorescent twin tube lights for my garage and was surprised about how little light that was... Another thing that surprised me was how quickly the clear fog made it about impossible to see through my safety glasses! Lucky I had a few sets and changed them between coats! The primer and color didn't do that. Just the clear. Anyway, I'm sure you can save that bed by sanding as long as you got enough on there and really, worst case, a couple more coats after sanding will make it perfect.
Thanks. Your other truck turned out perfect. I am bummed that it wasn't as good as I thought last night.
My paint booth was in the back of my grandpas steel building and the only light was from the open garage doors a few drop lights. It also didn't help that my googles would fog up and I was painting almost blind like you were saying. Hopefully the weather will stay nice so I can finish up the rest of the truck.

I think once it is all back together I will sand and put on the clear. That way I can match the panels so some don't shine more than others
Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote