Thread: The Brown Turd
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2015, 09:37 PM   #46
Thebrownturd

Re: The Brown Turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by y5mgisi View Post
I just finished my first paint job last weekend also! I'm sure your orange peel will sand out. From what I gather on Orange peel, it happens from having the gun too far away, too little of air pressure, or putting it on too light. Seems the key is walking the super fine line of putting it on as heavy as you can without having it run. I really didn't want orange peel so I lathered my clear on pretty thick. I only got a few minor runs but virtually no orange peel! This is my finish straight off the gun!

If you end up unsatisfied after you sand, you can always do a flow coat. Thats where you sand the whole thing down with something like 1000 grit or so and then put another couple wet coats if clear on.

If you are anything like me tho, a good part of the reason why you attempted your own paint job was to get some experience and learn how to paint! And again if your anything like me, you learned a TON and your next paint job will rival that of a pro! Congrats!
If you don't mind can you tell me your setup, because yours turned out beautifully and I am still sanding out orange peel. Things like psi, fan height, material knob adjustment, gun tip size, ect.
Thebrownturd is offline   Reply With Quote