View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #13
jaros44sr

Re: Distributor recommendations??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pound41 View Post
My computer with my pic software crashed. The post up above of the mallory is what it looks like. Except mine are vac advanced they have a few wires to run. My camaro 69 rs/ss 350 came with the unilite in it. The man I bought it from was a justice dept guy who knew his cars.(researched everything) He saved every part that went on or off the car. example 14in rallys with original redlines on them. he gave me boxes there were GM HEI etc. He said the unilite was the best. Anyway I built a 72 blazer and put a 327/365 in it with a GM HEI and lived with the problems of clearance --the cap vibrating off etc. So when I needed a dist for my 71 blazer. I called a local racing friend to ask where to get a unilite. he happened to have one so I got it. He said they were great. I know they recommended upgrading the coil. My camaro and my blazer still have stock coils. I just put new top half of the motor in my 71 blazer(down cylinder)
I lifted the unilite out mulitple times getting the teeth lined up on #1
If I can get a decent pic of it sitting in there with my blackberry I will email to jaros and he can post.
Thanks Pound

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote