Thread: 55.2-59 Engine Swap Info
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 04:02 AM   #10
mr48chev

Re: Engine Swap Info

I've been the "helper" on a couple of those swaps years ago. Back when I was in my mid 20's and was full of energy and could work all day helping a friend with his project for beer, pop and food.

Best one we did was I had bought a 61 Impala 4 door sedan from a coworker for the engine and trans and drove it home. My buddy's wife saw it after I pulled the engine and said it sure was a lot nicer than her rusted out 59 4 door Chev. The next Saturday morning they drove it over and we pulled the still hot engine out of it in my garage, rolled the 59 outside, Rolled the 61 in and sat their engine in the 61. we hooked everything up and got it running about dinner time and the gals had made dinner , then we pushed the 59 around the side and put a sign on it that said free. They drove the Impala home and she was still driving it a couple of years later when we moved up here. The guy across town that scrapped cars in his back yard towed the 59 off.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is online now   Reply With Quote