Thread: New project
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #161
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: New project

Got a call early saturday for a buddy , " Where you at ? " They were at a 2 day race in Sealy Texas at Lonestar motorsport park . This is an hour and a half away . Mind you i just got chewed on the night before about racing and money and vacation blah blah blah . Im on the back porch and she says "who's that" im like "Rodger". wife " whats he want ? " , me " they are racing in Sealy and he was checking to see why i wasnt there " . wife " better get loaded up and on the road " . Go figure .

I load up quick and get on the road . Get there just in time to get 1 time trial in and pull back around to hot lap and the lanes are closed . They let me in for one more . Red on both time trials . Out first round on both tech cards with reds . Rodger buys me back in after we argue ( i usually dont buy back ) . 2 more reds . I walk up there and look thinks over and there aint much roll out at this track Lights are low and together . I pay Rodger back and head home . Swap tires and change the truck up to tone down the wheelies and soften the hit to the tires Get up and load the golf cart and go to head out sunday and the wife says we gonna get um today and loads up with me . Got the lights figured out and ended up going to the 8's and drew a bike . covered him and didnt chop enough out and went .04 breakout . Had fun though wife was fired up about all the rounds and a small payout dispite the 100 degree weather .

Thomas' daughter Brittany out of out camp ended up going all the way and winning the Ironman . This is her last year in the Jr. She will be in footbrake with us next year

1978 Chevy Luv Blue
1976 Chevy Luv Black
1979 Firebird Flooded in Harvey
1999 F350 Dually
2005 GMC Sierra 4.8 RCSB
2014 Explorer (wifes)

My build :http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=399148

Build #2: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=653583

Last edited by hotrod 80; 06-25-2012 at 07:01 PM.
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote