View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 10:06 AM   #347
sparkydog

Re: Porsche 944: Actually there is a substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLS1 View Post
Nice work!! How did you know the Astro van module would work out so well? Just a lucky try or did you have to check out a few from several vehicles? I really like the modifications to make it all come together.
Thanks! I went into the yard looking for just the locking ring portion to cut off a donor tank. I was prepared to buy a new pump module from something else after I had a locking ring. I was targeting either an S10 or C1500 because I wanted to get their style of pump module. I also thought I'd have a better chance of finding a pickup with the tank already dropped so I wouldn't have to work as hard. And I knew a truck tank would normally be taller than a car tank.

But while I was walking around I realized an Astro might work too and would have at least a 4.3L sized fuel pump. Once I got under one to look I knew the tank height was going to be about right. The rest was luck. When I opened up the tank and saw how good of shape it was in I decided to buy the pump too and use it for at least mockup.
sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote