View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 07:12 AM   #12
dennislbrooks

Re: Setup question with what I have

Yes the head has rca's and am/will use on the Clarion. I am awaitng the mono amp to see how it wires as it only has input for 2 channels --- I take I would use the head's high inputs for left/right rear. I will have to check/ponder the mounting of the 5.25's. thanks

As far as your w30 - I take it is a 4 speed with no power brakes and has the ram air setup. Mine is an auto and now a 4 speed auto--- not a dual gate. The 455 likes/needs the OD. Mine was an air car but previous owner removed it. I will not use an aftermarket a/c as the car is pretty stock. I did put a vacuum can on it to help keep the power brakes from creeping. The stock cam has quite a bit of lope in it. They are a nice ride. No need for a chevelle. I have a few extra parts -- let me know. OPG has about everything.

Ok -- pondered --- putting the 5.25's in the rear corners is tough -- no room with tank or above. So -- I could put a dual 5.25 ( need to procure one) in the dash grill L/R front --I think--- still have to check the magnet clearance. I could put the 3.5 kickers in the corners of the seat back facing the rear window - running L/R rear-- all off the Clarion. Mono amp will be under the passenger seat regardless.

Will try first --Easy route with what I have ---- 3.5's in front grill and both 5.25's under the driver seat in their 6" pvc enclosures. Sub 10" in same location as pic above

I do have 2 - 4x10 singles and 2 - 4X6 singles in angle boxes that can go under the seat -- both low wattage.

Last edited by dennislbrooks; 04-24-2018 at 08:14 AM. Reason: words
dennislbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote