View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #89
buckskins4ever

Re: Lied and defrauded on 1971 c10 short bed

Theres nothing wring with cutting a long bed down if done correctly. That includes welding. My truck, which I know who did the work on it, since I know the frame is from 2 different trucks I had to check it. My girl was made from 4 different trucks to complete just the body and frame.
The the Original frame was hit in the rear and bet the frame. The Orig Builder started off with a 72 1/2 ton swb frame (damaged) and cut it right behind the cab and welded in a tail section from another 72 1/2 ton swb to complete it correctly. Welded up diag cut with diamond plate on outside for added structure. the front clip is a true 67 clip and the bed is a true 67 stepper (not from same truck), and the cab was a donor from a 72 3/4 ton.
Once done correctly and tastefully you can see your value in your truck. Its a beautiful truck. If you can look over the miscommunication or lack thereof, you will just love the truck. Go get a good welder to grind down the welds, and weld a diamond plate over and drive the hell out of it. That toy will bring way more than $15k here.
buckskins4ever is offline   Reply With Quote