View Single Post
Old 06-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #25
Fitz
Account Suspended

Re: 427 tall deck???? I need HELP!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKDTN View Post
I am an Engineer. We do a lot of drawing parts and making 3D assemblies. In the real world, the fit is always close, but not always as nice as it looks on the computer. My point is that unless they finished the project, they don't KNOW that it will work well. The ones on here with running engines at least can say they have done it and can tell their experience.

It all still sounds expensive to me. I would take the crank and rods from the tall deck and go find a 454 block and build a regular deck 427 if I just had to have a big block. Or go buy a 502 crate motor. Or an LS.......
Wow. I just got called out by an Engineer who draws parts and makes assemblies. Build lots of motors, do you? Probably not. I'm an engineer too, but I also build and race cars to keep me sane. Here's some pictures of my work. One is an LS3 powered spec Miata that I am building for the NASA circuit in Willcox Az, the other is a ZZ572 powered street/strip truck that makes it into the 10's at Southwestern International Dragway in Corona De Tucson. Where's yours? Let's see your work!
Attached Images

Last edited by Fitz; 06-05-2014 at 11:42 AM.
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote