View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 11:49 PM   #2765
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Dan, your truck is beautiful just like it is.
Thanks, Glen. Very nice of you.

Quote:
I think if it were mine I might like a couple more inches of ground clearance, especially if there is any issue with the tires rubbing.
Yeah, the stance is no longer pleasing to me since I raised the front. It's totally level on flat ground and just isn't "right".

The REAL problem is I bought the rims used as a good "deal", but the offset probably isn't correct. I still haven't measured from the wheel mounting surface to the inner fender & wheel well lip. Besides I don't love these rims. Too "bling-y" and not really my taste. I like my old 15" Torq Thrusts better. They won't fit but I'll find a fix eventually.

Quote:
Have you thought of shrinking your original steering wheel? Cheap and looks right.
Yes. I've searched for a smaller wheel I could use to make mine smaller but they're not as easy to come by as you might think. With the PS as is, I'll stay with the big wheel awhile.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote