View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 12:24 AM   #29
nelson-ohio

Re: 72 C10 brake problem, need help please

Ok, I have been doing some work on the truck. Reverse the passenger side rear shoes so the longer one is facing forward and the short one facing the back. The driver side was already done this way.

Didn't replace the wheel cylinder, they looked to be in very good shape. I will see how this goes first.

I did find a small block on the passenger front brake line, there are 2 of these, I have no idea what they are. Please see picture below. What are these for? 1 is about 18" down the line from the proportioning valve, the next 1 is about 18" further down the line.

I was going to drive the truck once I reverse the shoes, to see how it works. but I have noticed a leak in the power steering pump, it's been throwing oil all over my wheel well, I've been driving it like that, just have to wipe it down everytime I get home. Finally got tired of it and took the pump of while I was working on the rear shoes. This is a nice billet machined March Performance pump. It's leaking from the pully shaft, got a quote of $125 to repair the whole thing, but will take 7 days to get it back. how hard is it to work on this? Any ideas?
Attached Images

nelson-ohio is offline   Reply With Quote