View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 02:58 AM   #31
Ironangel

Re: 72 C10 brake problem, need help please

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyPile View Post
NOPE, NOPE, and NOPE!!!!! Go back and read my post again.. The short shoe faces the front.... The following will help you remember... When taking a group photograph, the short people always stand in the front....
Rusty is correct, maybe the misunderstanding is in the terminology? "Faces and facing" can be confusing that's why "Primary and Secondary" shoes and "Rear and Front" are used in the manuals? The primary shoe always goes to the rear! That's the shoe with the long lining. Short lining shoes are secondary and go on the front, regardless of left or right sides. The self adjusting levers are located on the primary shoes as well with the strut engaging the front secondary shoe. Heres a pic with some instruction, https://pbase.com/nufsed/image/49448862 And not to confuse any further, its easy to mismatch those star wheel adjusters and get them put on the wrong side just as you, me, and anybody else that has done countless brake shoe replacement jobs have done. Everything appears good in your pic except the shoes, simply swap positions of the shoes in your pic and your golden...One fix at a time because my RAM (random access memory) has gone from megabytes to minibytes in my sixty somethin years of breathing asbestos and lead...Good luck! ~Ghostrider~
71 C/50 Grain Truck, 350 Split-Axle 4-Speed
02 3/4 ton Express
14 Indian Chief Vintage
1952 Ford 8N, "Only Ford Allowed On The Property"
"Be American, Buy American"
Ironangel is offline   Reply With Quote