View Single Post
Old 07-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #10
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Harbor Freight recalling replacement jack stands that replaced recalled jack stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
If by "blocks" you mean cement blocks - they are unsafe. They work fine right up until they crumble, and kill you or whoever is under the truck. Quality jack stands are really the only way to go. Now, unfortunately, nobody is sure whether what they are buying IS of any quality. You may not have meant cement blocks, but mentioning just in case someone interpreted it that way.
Agree, I use wooden blocks, generally 2x 8-10" stacked, though have a few out of plywood too & they're stout. Glued and screwed. The rubber helps the grip too, I nearly learned a very hard lesson using painted blocks, SEMI-GLOSS. Don't do that either, less than level your trailer can end up in the river with you on it, dirt was like concrete.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 07-11-2020 at 09:22 PM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote