View Single Post
Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #119
joedoh

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

I cleaned the garage this weekend too! it was so nice the first half of the day I just kept working outside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigamanx View Post

I think it's supposed to look like this...

no. it only looks like that installed in an s10. in an AD you need to move the motor BACK. some people just use the V8 mount with no adapter. that moves the engine back about 4 inches.

the V6 mounts on the 2.8 and 4.3 are in the middle of the block to allow for exhaust manifold clearance. but if you put a V8 in an s10, the motor mount is about 4 inches further forward on the V8, so transdapt makes those adapters to hold the v8 in the same place (with respect to the firewall) as the V6 was.

you want to move the engine back. so some people have flipped the mounts so that it moves the V8 even firther back, and used the adjustment of the slotted bolts to end up with a 7-8" rear move (4 inches from installing the V8, 3-4 inches from the flipped mounts).

this is all about clearance to the radiator, I moved my 4.3 8 inches back last time and just cleared the radiator with the mechanical fan.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote