View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
TBONE1964
Cluster King

Re: TIP converting non gauge (warning light clusters to gauge clusters.

Now that you know which wires to move to which position on the connector, I will demonstrate how to remove the terminals from the connector and change there location.

It helps if you have a tool like the one in the photo or equivalent. You can even use a heavy duty paper clip. Anything that will fit in the slot with out force and will bend the tab on the terminal.

As seen in the photo, you need to push the tool into the slot on the connector as shown. This will release the terminal from the connector. Once the tab on the terminal is pushed in by the tool, you can remove the terminal from the connector. To install, you will have to bend the tab on the terminal to make sure it locks into the connector.

This may take a little practice but once you get the hang of it, very simple to do.

This will make sure that you have a clean professional looking wiring connector to plug into your new gauge cluster.

Please ask questions as they come up. I am attempting to help those who might other wise be reluctant to attempt this otherwise.

Thank you for your time
Take care,
Tom
Attached Images

I am also a dealer for Counterpart for gauge cluster parts only.

Also see my facebook page, CG&C
TBONE1964 is offline   Reply With Quote