View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 04:06 PM   #873
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Been a long week of holidays and truck de-bugging.... had a couple issues spring up after doing the brake pedal remake, brakes didnt work at all afterwards! - great remake right?

Well after chasing my tail with the hydroboost thinking it was all messed up I found a leaking residual valve, this brake line fitting was not tighting down enough to stop the leak so I just had to remove it.

Bleed out both front brakes for awhile to get it all working again and its all good. Had to lengthen the brake pedal rod into the cab as it was too short.

Then took it on a little shakedown cruise and just had a little fun with it. This truck is insane..... it has so much 'unnecessary power' (is there such a thing?) that it is just crazy trying to keep the power down on the asphalt and keep it going straight down the road. It is crazy torqey and just wants to run wild when you stab that throttle down and it gets going fast REAL quick... Boost is immediate! - you nail it and 10-15 lbs right now on the gauge!. Its reading direct at the hat. I cant wait to see what its pulling on the chassis dyno. Ive never had this much power before on the street.

My speedo aint exactly working right, its just doing a bouncing thing but it is counting off miles, So i dont know how fast Im going, but it cranks up before you know whats happening.

I need to go on a little longer cruise, stay off the pedal and get everything dialed in. The speedo is an elect-digital and I think it has to be programmed? Need to do that, not sure if the fuel gauge is working correctly either... maybe it just really goes down that fast!

Ive got a few little leaky places I need to get figured out too. Just annoying little things.