View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 09:56 AM   #19
Jason Banks

Re: is Tip and Flip cab dolly available?

Franken, when I was researching what to build someone on here did something like that.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...77&postcount=7

Except it looks like they used something thicker than exhaust tubing. I considered doing something like this because I have a bender with a die for 1 1/2" pipe.

I really wish I had done tabs that overhang the top of the tubes for the bolts(like in the design linked). It was a small pain getting the bolts in mine up the tubes and into the holes. I might modify mine.

Landarts, it looks like your plans call for .095 wall tubing which is thicker than the 14ga(.0747) that I used. I guess that works better for your 1.75 sleeve. I would be careful with the placement of your wheels. To make sure it is easy to tip. My wheels at the front are positioned behind where the cab is mounted. I was also working with mine a few times this week and you can see I actually have the parts that are designated at 57 inches long on the plans left longer(taller) and I seem to relay on that extra length when I'm flipping to keep it from slamming on the ground or wheels. So... it might be advisable to keep them longer.

Last edited by Jason Banks; 07-27-2019 at 10:02 AM.
Jason Banks is offline   Reply With Quote