View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 06:32 PM   #1668
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: ChevyLand ‘The Truck Photo Tour’

I had a 79 Suburban, it had round head lights - though perhaps trucks dropped rounded headlights sooner? I do miss it, I was silly trading it in back in '96. The dealer gave me only 1 grand for it (it had zero rust and was straight as an arrow). It had a 454, TH350, 373 with towing package (pretty sure it had a posi rear end too). It would give you whip lash if you punched it (my son would go WEEEE when I did it) and swear I could see the gas gauge move down too! The odd thing it didn't have a 3rd seat (guess that was a option?) but I loved the pull down gate and lowing the window in the back (A/C only half worked, which in Texas that is basically not working). Though I could load the back of it with tons of stuff and tools. It was like a permanent covered pickup LOL

A little story about this Suburban. I bought it from my landlord, which I had an awesome relationship with. I noticed he wasn't driving it one day and I asked about it. He said I am getting rid of it. I said how much and he said he was trying to get 2k for it but he'll sell it to me for $800 bucks. I proceeded to scrape up $800 (which was really hard being newly married and with my 1st kid). A few days later after I bought it he then asked me why wasn't driving it... I said it won't start and I hadn't figured it out the problem. He then proceeded to have it towed and taken it to his "guy" and had it brought back running again. I asked what did I owe him, he said not a damn thing, "I sold you a running truck". The receipt was in the glovebox, $600+ for a complete new ignition (from plugs to distributor module).

Now picture this fellow ... going on at least 80, over 6ft tall, a bit lanky, and always in khakis western wear with a cowboy hat that looked like the clothes just came off the store rack. Classic Texan, through and through... I miss that fellow - RIP Mr. Dews.

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim

Last edited by Rich72C10; 02-27-2021 at 06:42 PM.
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote