View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #141
57chevyman

Re: How about some pics of custom stereos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmax87v3500 View Post
to be honest with ya, i dont know how you could put a sub under the seat, i have my kicker zx700.5 under the seat, its a pretty big amp, and if you ride in the middle your sitting on it, and im sure on the passenger side if you hit a big bump you hit it over there. as of now i just dont let people ride in the middle, and try to not hit any big bumps with someone on the passenger side. im going to fix it when i have something else to drive for a couple of days. i can see no way of fitting a sub bigger than maybe a 6 or 8 in the middle where it dips down around the transmission hump, theres no way i could fit the kenwoods under the seat. if ur willing to wait, ill be buying the new kenwood shallows in the next few weeks(hopefully) and building the smaller box at 2-2.25 at the top and 7 at the bottom and will let you know how it works out. but as of now, with the factory seat and the sub box i have, its very comfortable, im 6 foot tall, and just a big guy and i have no problems at all. id say that behind the seat is the way to go, because even if you put the subs under the seat i also dont see how you could get enough space to build a big enough box to make the subs perform good. unless they are 6 or 8's. hope this info helps
Kenwood makes a powered subwoofer that's meant to fit under a seat. I have one in my truck, it sounds really good

1957 Chevy 3100
2000 Silverado z71 SOLD
2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab
1992 International 4700
57chevyman is offline   Reply With Quote