View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 AM   #94
GOPAPA
"Tail Gate Best Seat In House"

Re: What kinda sorta rare job have you done for a living ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiltByMe View Post
Well being only 19 I don't have a whole lot of job experience but when I was younger I worked for a loan office that repossessed houses and I would occasionally help in the cleaning up. Most times the people just packed their stuff and left so any food or meat would be left in the refrigerator for months with no power. Yuck. Now I'm into my 3rd year of working behind a parts counter and anything even remotely retail has its stories. I'm putting myself through school studying mechanical engineering and hope to be able to use that to start my own fab shop kind of thing designing custom suspension and other stuff for four-wheel-drive applications.
Good for you ..going to school is very important to get where you want to go .. keep it up ,,you are young and you have the time ..

I know what you are talking about as I did repair work on apartment houses a friend owned and when people had to move out by not paying their rent ,they would trash the place ,food strew all over the kitchen ,,and worse..

Once the booted renters broke off the bath tub faucets and luckely I found some old parts at a junk store to fix them..

I did not clean it up , I hired two highschool kids brother and sister who needed the money .. but I seen it ..smelled it that was enough.