Thread: New 68 Suburban
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #34
mlevario99

Re: New 68 Suburban

I have not done anything to the burb yet. I bought a 5.3 VORTEC which I will be installing. A few weeks ago I also bought a 71 3/4 burb with the barn doors, no engine, no tranny, just the body and rolling chassis, the chassis is from a 69 but it was converted to front disks, the floor has more rust than my 68, but it has all the glass. Just by using some parts it will be paidoff. I remove the front clip of my 68, the corss member at the front is bent, the radiator supports are broken, not cmpletely but still broken. The frame where the front bumper attaches is also cracked. At the rear bumper, the PO install an ugly steel bumper, he weld it and cut the top part of the chasis. So I was thinking, since I have the 69 chassis and is actually in better conditions than my 68, why not use it, I have a 5 lug differential from a 72 that I bought, and I also have the front suspension of a 81 truck that I bought for the 5 lug disk set up. Question, since the 3/4 chassis has the disk setup, can I use the top and bottom A-arms and just use a different spindle with the 5 lug rotors, or will I have to change everything. I will be posting pictures soon

Last edited by mlevario99; 06-17-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: spelling
mlevario99 is offline   Reply With Quote