View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #39
FAKKY

Re: beginner painting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself View Post
Not with the specified HVLP cap on the gun. You can change out the air cap on the gun to a standard version. The whole HVLP thing came about to meet EPA "low VOC" requirements. A lot less crap being blown around into the atmosphere at lower pressures. The newest HTE guns do an even better job of transferring material to the surface instead of just blowing it around as overspray. That exact same gun with a regular air cap needs 9.9cfm at 40psi, which is more like any other gun. Realistically......don't worry too much about it. Get a 25+ gallon compressor and a decent paint gun then put in some practice with your gun. You will learn exactly how to set your gun and pressure to flow out nice. It's also helpful to have a small inline regulator right at the gun. You can run the main line pressure up and when the compressor starts running and not keeping up you start opening your gun regulator more and more to keep that same steady pressure at the gun. Not usually a problem even with a smaller tank unless it's a van, suv, etc with lots of surface area to cover.
I painted my son's car with this gun......https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-HV...00SG/203497812
Thanks.
Was looking at that gun, the Spectrum HTE gun ..... or eastwood concours lt100 or whatever its called

I'll be doing a large Panel truck.