View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 AM   #74
fryer1979
Redneck Hillbilly

Re: !965 Chevy C-10 Take 2: Project Tanya

Progress on Tanya has come to a halt for the time being (as if my progress is anything but severely slow to begin with). For the past couple of weeks my car club and I have been traveling out of town for some smaller car shows, and since Tanya can't hold speed above 60 MPH, I've been taking the Camaro with me. Also last weekend when we got back from the show I took Tanya out for a cruise, which included a stop in a local drive through for some late lunch. As I was placing my order Tanya was struck in the tailgate buy an older fellow in a Jeep. Neither myself or the old guy were injured and even his Jeep bumper seemed fine, however Tanya was no so lucky. She suffered a dented tailgate that is tweeked bad enough that it sits crooked in the bed and doesn't want to hinge properly anymore. Also the driver's window has been knocked of track (could be broken parts too, I haven't looked yet). So now she sits, waiting for the old fellow's insurance company to come out and tell me what they are going to do about it. I wish they would hurry up, I'm itching to get back to work and I need to get that bare metal covered back up before the snow start falling.

On the positive side, I had a friend give me a really good 4 bolt main 350 engine he used to run in his Camaro. Said when he pulled it out it was just beginning to smoke a little, and he was just putting a new crate motor in so he could sell the car. Of course this was a little over 10 years ago, but he has kept this engine well covered and stashed away through the years. He just said he wanted it gone and offered it to me. So I guess Tanya is going to get a SBC after all......
fryer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote