View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #117
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

well road time now happening in the truck and i am NOT feeling to confident about trusting this holley sniper unit at all

list of knows problems for me so far at under 60 TOTAL road miles driven and maybe 1 hr total run time not driven :

1= coolent temp sensor is bad under 30 miles of use . does the typical 12-15 degree drop from were it should be lots of people are having problem .

2= throttle linkage arm on unit to short requires spacer bracket . lots of people complaining about this also . i made a 7/8" spacer for it and it helped a lot but still sucks . has a flat spot in it also that sticks . and yes my cable is good . i lubed the hell out of it and it moves SUPER easy you can almost blow on it to move .

3= even the super heavy return springs it has you still need another one for the return to zero throttle . makes it even harder .

4= the linkage is 1:1 direct on primary to secondary . . who figured this would be great for street use daily driving ? you need to order a progressive link and upload the option on there softwear and it still dosnt support it 100% so its hit or miss on if it works for you or not .

5= touch screen ecu unit for in the vehicle has had problems from day 1 fire up . makes button choices all by its self and now its locking up and wont reset unless you turn the key off and wait then restart the vehicle .

6= NOT bolt it on and go self tuning like they advertise on the box / ad's / tv shows . still requires YOU to do a good deal of tuning later with there softwear program if you under stand all of it ( and i dont ) .

7= this being the most important to me is the fact there customer service after the fact SUCKS A$$ there chat forum for tech help is governed by a english correction gramer checking dictator . my 1st post there i was replyed to by him and told me to watch my self and use spell check / correct punctuation / dont type like you text I EDIT EVERY POST FOR THIS STUFF HERE . he didnt give me any help at first what so ever . and another member even chimed in and said about the same thing .

if there is any more problems i am going to rip this off and sell it . i know lots of people would buy it and prob love it but NOT me !

i have already started looking on edelbrocks pro-flo4 system and its hands down a lot better customer service / chat forum being super nice and helpfull / has progressive linkage already from the factory / timing control already from the factory / port injection sequential / ecu NOT built in to the unit can be mounted were you want it / uses blue tooth to talk to a phone or tablet . and for sbc with vortec heads its under $1900 bucks with the intake .

if i add up my prices here it is sofar .
edelbrock rpm vortec intake 7116 = 265.00
holley sniper unit = 999.95
intake gasket set good gaskets felpro = 40 bucks
msd ready to run dist NOT for sniper control = 350.00
coil for ignition msd blaster 2 & bracket mount = 55.00
new coolant temp sensor for there known defective item they sell you = 20.00
make my own throttle arm spacer 1 hr or buy one and wit 3-5 days @ = 20.00
progressive link kit = 15.00 and hope it helps maybe .
there included throttle cable bracket sucks . no way to keep it from spinning on ( 1 ) mounting bolt ha ha ha .
i am sure there is stuff i am missing here .

grand total in just this list is $1750ish with out other extras .

edelbrock pro-flo4 35780 kit for vortec head engines = $1795.95
85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.

Last edited by sweetk30; 12-02-2018 at 06:43 PM.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote