View Single Post
Old 03-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #1
tranz am

questions for converting to TPI

Last summer I picked up a TPI set up off an 88 Z28 Camaro. My intention is to use it in my 69 GMC with my sb 350 and the T5 transmission already in use. Im new to the TPI and Fuel injection world so naturally I have many unanswered questions.
So basically I think I have everything to do the swap except for the PCM which was gone before I found the car.

The set up is off a 305 so Im guessing I need to find a 350 pcm. to make it work with my 350.

I pulled the whole under hood wire harness out of the engine bay all the way back to where the pcm was, I cut nothing. Im hoping that this is all im going to need as far as wiring is concerned but I have no idea what wires I need to keep and which ones to discard.

Im also aware that I must use a high pressure fuel pump and return line. what pump and tank to use is a huge question in my mind for I want to install the tank behind the rearend. I have a plastic foam filled 10 gal tank I would like to use but Im not sure if I can get a high pressure pump to use with it?
Im also thinking I will probably have to machine my heads to accommodate the fuel injector notch. correct me if Im wrong.

Ive also read a little something about different manifolds using different angle blot holes or missing a couple entirely. What should I expect to find when bolting the manifold onto early heads?

So as you can see I have quite a bit of work and questions ahead of me but Im guessing this is the best place to ask for help. any help is always greatly appreciated

Best 1/4 mile time 12.1 @ 111 w/traction issues

1969 GMC SWB
1964 chevy II Nova ht

Last edited by tranz am; 03-23-2009 at 02:37 PM.
tranz am is offline   Reply With Quote