View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 11:25 PM   #1
Premium72

Talking Id like to Re-introduce myself. With Ol'Blue

So, a few years back i was a pretty active member on here. Had an incredible passion for my truck and really loved the life and building. I made a poor decision and the truck was stolen. Kinda put me in a terrible funk, i assume anyone can understand this. So i was done with the whole racket for a few years, but IM BACK!!! HEAVY CHEVY IN HAND!!!

Due to some personal issues, My Grandfather (My stepdads dad) is no longer able to keep up with his things, and his trucks were gana be tossed...UHHHHMMM HELL NO!!!..

This past weekend the wife and i loaded up and went to Pawpaw's...we came home with Ol'Blue

My Stepdad and i all loaded up.

1964 Chevy c30, dually flatbed. Things a HAUWSE!!!

Straight 6 (292...i think) 4 on the floor all original (its had a few paint jobs, but its made for a great patina finish form the weather).

My plans are to do ABSOLUTELY nothing with it visually. Im getting him road ready, safe and clean.. AN DRIVING IT TILL THE WHEEL FALL OFF!!.

One thing i really missed when i built my 72 was that Old "Crusty" feel. An old truck just has a soul and a story to tell to me. Some rusted out rocker panels just have a place in my heart i guess, makes me feel 8years old again.

This monster is pretty solid, we pulled it out onto the trailer, brought em home. Wires, Plugs, Cap, Button, Fuel Pump Charged the Battery... VROOM cranks rite up! Beautiful. Needs new brake lines all the way around, and probably a master cylinder while im at it. We've taken a few rides around the property, slow slow rides using the e-brake to stop. Cruises nicely.

So hopefully this weekend brings fresh brake lines and some stopping power, so my lady, my dog and i can put a few miles under this heafty boy. Ive already got TONS of questions so be prepared!!!

Im feeling a bit more myself this past week, thanks PawPaw and Ol'Blue.

Sidenote: From Decoding the VIN i notice it was made in Atlanta, putting it rite around the time PawPaw was working at the Plant that produced these trucks (he was there from 61-78 approx). So this things been in the family a while ;-)

Last edited by Premium72; 04-30-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Premium72 is offline   Reply With Quote