View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 09:11 AM   #51
TKCR

Re: Problems buying from gmachinz Jabin Wood?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipps View Post
TKCR, the problem is, selling like you do limits your options of a marketplace. Ebay is a very desirable platform, and as far as I know, it has no option for "commit to buy, pay when done" like you're suggesting.

I'm involved in an extensive "from-scratch" rewire of my truck right now. When this truck is finished, I'll have a good working knowledge and inventory of Metri-Pack, Packard-56, Weather-Pack, Pack-Con, and GT connectors, terminals, and accessories. I'll likely dabble a bit with the Deutch system as well.

I've had more than a passing interest in getting into some harness construction myself. When several of my other projects have settled down a little, I'll revisit the idea. I would definitely want to start out with smaller harnesses, and work my way into more complex ones. Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated!
When I do sell on eBay, I list my items that are ready to purchase. I don’t list anything on eBay that has to be made to order. That way, when the item is purchased, I ship the item right away. I sold on eBay for several years, but I have gotten away from selling on there. The fees were eating what little profit I was making. By word of mouth, my FB Page and this Forum, I’m getting enough orders to keep me plenty busy. Almost too busy at times. This was the plan all along since I just retired in March 2019. And I’m not doing this service to make money. I enjoyed restoring my truck, and wanted to help others do the same. And I wanted something to do, to stay busy. So why not something that I really enjoy? Yes I need to make money, I’ve got to make some, so I can continue buying supplies to restore the seats & seatbelts.
That maybe another one of Jabins faults. He maybe taking on more than he can handle. So he really needs to stop taking people’s money BEFORE he can produce the product. I mean after all, since you have dabbled in harnessing, you know that’s a time consuming task. I have done a little myself, at my previous job.