View Single Post
Old 01-04-2016, 02:06 PM   #36
brassknuckles

Re: just bought a 08 crewcab 2wd and i'm dropping it. any sugestions?

Piecesparts, you've built a beautiful truck, and it's sure to inspire others to build static dropped PU's along those same lines.... I too used the Belltech struts, fiddled with spacers until I had the rake I wanted..... the camber adjusters were an absolute necessity, as the truck wouldn't align properly without them, even with offset upper CA bushings. Pictured are some of the mods necessary to make the stock tires "somewhat" fit, once lowered. As you can see, most of the plastic liner was cut away from the back of the wheel well up towards the top..... The "brown" areas on the steel are where I heated and relieved the steel, and no longer rubs there..... the shiny spots are new contact areas, now that the old ones are gone. I just kept driving, hammering the high spots, repainting and driving until things got shiny again, repeat..... I'm at the limits for the stock wells now, as any more I would have to move the sh*t that is bolted to the tops of the wheel wells. Next up is a possible move to a narrower/shorter front tire, and some sheetmetal work, if that isn't enough!
Attached Images

brassknuckles is offline   Reply With Quote