Thread: new GM logo
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 10:08 AM   #57
72gmguy

Re: new GM logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyRacefan View Post
When were they? As a whole. not JUST one "brand" within the company.
"g.m. Mark of excellence" was nothing more than marketing.

G.M. like it or not needs younger buyers. The people with old trucks or classic cars are driving korean ,jap, or german cars NOT g.m. produced cars.
So what most in the hobby think don't matter as you are not going to buy a new g.m. in the first place. And haven't in decades.
G.m. spent a few decades asking what those in the car hobby wanted, only to build it and ,crickets.

I remember very very well, people telling g.m. build a mid sized 2 door rear drive car. J.MOSS and skunk works built a mid 90's Monte Carlo on a Camaro floor pan. People cried build it build it, in early 2000's we got it, Only it was 10x better than what we begged for. Put a 2004-2006 pontiac GTO beside a mid 90's Chevy Monte Carlo. The GTO IS a production built J.Moss skunk works car everyone pleaded g.m. to build. it got here, and crickets,
SSR
G8
454ss TRUCK
EARLY 2000S ss TRUCK.
CHEVY CAPRICE (SS) 4 door powerhouse.
That is JUST the old school type.
forget the colbolt SS, the HHR SS/ the HHR panel. and the list goes on.
It I was g.m. I would cover my ears when anyone from the old car hobby speaks. They talk a good game till the product is available, then they are nowhere to be found.
What we think, say don't matter, As we have as a group, burnt them over and over and over and over again.
Those that are walking into a dealership and signing on a line and driving a new g.m.. THEIR opinion counts.
As they are putting their money where their mouth is.

That hurts my feelings a little. Lol. I still have an SSR and a 94 impala and am always looking for a 454ss to add. My dad had a g8 gxp and 2 chevy ss. Still daily drives one now. Those were all great and fun vehicles that went away way too soon.

1969 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1971 Blazer partial 2wd convert
1972 Blazer 4x4 original cst
1970 Blazer 4x4 w/ 2 1/2in lift and 33in tires w/4 wheel camper
1970 4x4 suburban w/ 6in lift and 35in tires
1968 Corvette convertible
1970 Malibu convertible
1959 Brookwood wagon
1972 International Scout ii
72gmguy is offline   Reply With Quote