View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #15
Already Gone
70+ ( Old Skool Club )

Re: Cold Case radiator for '67-72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I bought 5 aluminium radiators so far off E bay from CHR racing. 3 of them are for C-10's 1 for the 64 SS Impala and my dad's 56 Bel Air. All of them are nice units and are welded together no plastic. The one in my 71 C-10 has been in it for 6 years now. They are all less than $200.00. They all where for Auto so they have the trans cooler in them. This last one was $120.00 and it has the angled up lower hose mount as well. No problems at all with them.

Only problem I had is this last one came in damaged. Last week, the box looked as though they threw it around. I sent the seller pictures of it and they sent me a new one no problems, should be here tomorrow. The box had staples but none of them where holding anything together. It had 1 band around it in the middle of the box that was keeping the box together.
He told me to keep this one. This wasn't the seller's fault I don't think but he made it right with no qestions asked. In less than a week I will have another one if it shows up tomorrow like the tracking say's.

So I took a block of wood and fixed it. I will put it up and have it for a back up if I need one later on.

Before & after:
So Andy no fitment problems and they bolt right in? What I like is you said you've had one in your C10 for 6 years and I know yoiu drive it lots and have been on the Hot Rod Power Tour with your C10 and its usually super hot on the HRPT.

Members I have personally met: MusicMan70 - HeavyD - ChewyChevy67 - StingRay -71SWB4x4 - 67 Burb - DeadheadNM - too much stuff - bc65 - das601

" Circumsatances Do Not Change Responsibility "

" The Sky is not the Limit, Your Mind is." Marilyn Monroe ..

RIP Charlie Watts 1941 - 2021
Already Gone is offline   Reply With Quote