View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 05:08 PM   #29
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: An Interesting Story About My '68 CST/Custom Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Already Gone View Post
I bought my present truck in 2014 from a young man in South Dakota and he told me he bought from someone in Minnesota and hadn't had it that long and told me he bought it to use a bit then flip. All good so when I get the truck home I go through the glove box and original owners manual in its sleeve is in there and the Protecto-Plate and a couple of invoices dated 1999 from a shop in Yakima Washington and one from a shop in Windom Minnesota that shows the A/CCompressor had been changed and the system converted to 134 A. The last name on the invoices was the same as the last name on the Protecto Plate so figured was passed from one family member to another. Did a little internet sleuthing one day and found a phone number in Yakima for the name on the invoices. Took a shot called one day and no answer but left a voice mail explaining I had the truck. A few hours later I get a call and yes was the right man. His Dad bought the truck new in July 1972, and hated the plaid seat so bought a good seat cover for it and I guess thats why was in such good shape when I got the truck, and he bought it from his Dad in 1987. He drove it over the years and it was in a garage when not in use. He said people wanted to buy it but a few had no money and a couple others told him they were going to repaint it and lower it etc and he didn't want that for the truck. He said he sold it to someone in Minnesota in 2011 and I guess thats who the guy I bought it from got it from. I sent some pics of the truck and he sent me some back like the one here of the truck on the trailer going to Minnesota and the one with the cap from when it was only a week or two old. A week later I got a calll back from Bob and he was thanking me for reaching out to him as he started calling sibings and they had had a great time reminiscing about the family truck. Moral of the story is like Leon did and I did if you have the info reach out and first you very well make someones day ,week or year and for you, get some history on your truck.

Nice Truck and another great story! Thanks for posting it. If anyone else has a similar story please post it up.

Thanks,
LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote