View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 01:05 AM   #103
QBRacing

Re: 1958 SWB C4 Fleetside - NZ Build

for the rest of this week I'm shop sitting for a mate. that means hoist access and boy does that speed stuff up.

today I got the cab mounted back on the chassis (almost). one of my captive nuts for the rear is missing. Now I just think I'll cut off the cages and use a panel washer and nyloc on it. that's tomorrow's job.

also stripped down both rear hubs and brakes. got the drivers side back together with new hubs , rear shoes, vented and slotted rotors and new pads. then i stripped it all down and painted all the brackets and calipers black. will reassemble tomorrow once paint drys.

on the passenger side i need to make a running repair as the small metal plate for the lower part of the handbrake shoe was broken. no chance of getting another one over here so im getting that welded tomorrow. ive already painted the brackets and calipers for this side so it should be assembly time tomorrow.

fabricated up the front chassis support gusset as I'm calling it. basically a tubular k frame to strengthen the front end after removing the factory cross member. gave that to the welder with the broken brake bracket so should get that back tomorrow too.

mounted the brake pedal intermediate section. no issues there.

drank his piss then come home.
Attached Images

QBRacing is offline   Reply With Quote