View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 12:28 AM   #181
88Stanger

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Ok, need some help here. I have a rebuilt 383 stoker with brand new 11" flywheel, im trying to install a hydraulic throw out bearing with a bran new McLeod 11" Street/pro clutch. I have installed the flywheel - no issue. Get the clutch disc in with alignment tool and install the actual clutch, tighten all the bolts down 1/4 turn until tight, then to 35lbs as directed in 3 equal torque settings. Then i install the brand new bell housing, no issue. After all this i go to measure the distance from several of the clutch teeth to the front top surface of the bell housing and i am getting some differences, up to .030. I plan to measure all of them tomorrow and see what all differences area. They say to have .100 to .150 total difference for the throwout bearing, but to what measurement? Average of all the fingers or ?? Is there possible differences to be expected in the teeth? Anyone have any experience with this?!?!
Thanks so much for all the help.
88Stanger is offline   Reply With Quote