View Single Post
Old 07-01-2019, 09:34 PM   #717
theastronaut

Re: Project Goldilocks, '66 C10 SWB BBW Build

So a lot has happened in the 4-5 year break on Goldilocks. My plan was to build this thing for autocross and track events... that's probably not going to happen now. I posted about the Festiva earlier in the thread... it just doesn't make sense risking an accident on the track with the truck now that I have a car that is track capable and cheap/easy to repair/replace if it gets busted up on the track. I'll still autocross the C10, but probably won't do any big track events with it. If you've followed the Festiva's build thread you know how ridiculously well it handles. I know the C10 will never do that well so there's no point in trying to go slower than a Festiva on a road course in a truck that would be impossible to replace.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=727205

I've learned a ton about chassis setup, track prepping a car, and what to look for to make a car handle well by building and thrashing on the Festiva. A lot of that info can be used to make the C10 handle better.

I also did a frame-off resto on the '63 VW I posted about earlier in the thread. It's finished now and will probably be posted on Bring A Trailer soon.

I was able to acquire my granddad's '64 C10 about a year ago.

Last edited by theastronaut; 07-01-2019 at 10:39 PM.
theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote