Thread: Spiders
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 02:27 AM   #32
CSGAS
optomistic ah-so

Re: Spiders

Do not try this intentionally. I grew up getting bitten by Black widows as I serviced old brake systems, over and over again but these were young ones, maybe just out of their eggs. I usually found the dessicated mother after seeing the egg sacs and feeling itchy from the bites. Well after a bunch of these little bites I guess I developed an immunity to adult Black Widow bites, because when one happened all I got was a rash and one big pimple. When I moved East about ten years ago I had an occasion to test my ability with a brown recluse, and just got a bunch of pimples. I can't swear I'm still immune, and still keep my eyes open and show respect for the spiders. If I had to get rid of some, I'd try their natural predator. That means snakes or the lizard idea mentioned earlier. I've known a few people who've suffered the whole scenario pictured earlier from a brown recluse bite and don't want to risk that happening just from being pig-headed--take precautions! But being disadvantaged, doing things the hard way and having a tough childhood does have some advantages I guess.

1970 C-10 lwb Fleetside. Originally 350 2-bbl 3-on-the-tree, m/b, m/w, m/s no a/c. Currently running on a '76 Camaro 305.
CSGAS is offline   Reply With Quote