Thread: Restoring Rusty
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 10:54 AM   #5571
Gregski
Post Whore

Re: Restoring Rusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Took me a minute, but I'm assuming you mean the in-cab bump that bolts over the transmission? I would think you would get to enjoy all kinds of things like increased road noise, dust particles, heat, engine noise and a malodorous combination of antifreeze, exhaust and engine oil. But maybe that's not it. I'm dying to know what I missed.
Spot on my brother from another mother. ha ha you git to see and smell all kinds of leaks drip down (bonus points for proper use of the word "malodorous" had to look it up... ahem, for a friend)

As you all may recall from years ago The Greg cleaned his bellhousing to Full Metal Jacket drill sergeant standards... well it and the trans have gotten greasy since and he's been scratching his head going where is the leak coming from, it don't smell like trans fluid, it don't taste like trans fluid, it don't feel like trans fluid

so put on your best fittin' Sherlock Homes hats and note the distinguished drip down spread pattern on either side of the bell and dry as Sahara in the middle
Attached Images

Gregski is offline   Reply With Quote