Thread: $731,100,000
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2021, 09:00 PM   #17
67ChevyRedneck
Hittin E-Z Street on Mud Tires

Re: $731,100,000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Disappear. A friend has an entire write up on what you should REALLY do if that happens. I don't know, at that level it's a mirror misery from being poor, except when you're poor, the leeches are easier to spot and shed. Who do you trust? Who's ripping you off? How do you know? You'll need a lawyer, a financial advisor, and an accountant at a minimum. How do know what they're up to? A true pro at that level is gonna spot your Rube azz at 100 yards.
Let's face it, no one here has the slightest experience a that level. I literally know a guy who does, but even then. It's an interesting problem. The best and worst thing to happen. Best part of the advice I heard was, invest a % in income bearing bonds and mutual fund the lion's share of the principal. That way you never touch the principal, and the 200-300k/yr income for the next 20 years is more money in hand than most of the folks on this forum can imagine. (I know, some of y'all are rollin' pretty hard. Most of us ain't.) Just thoughts. Hmm. I'd like to find out!
Someone in SC won the last huge one a couple years ago in late 2018. Didn't claim it for a looooong time. People kept wondering who won.... word is, they got their stuff together, got a team in place before ever accepting the $. And in SC you can remain anonymous... and that they did...

Quote:
More than four months after making his or her fateful lottery ticket purchase, the winner of the $1.5 billion Mega Millions jackpot has stepped forward — but will remain anonymous, the South Carolina Education Lottery Commission announced.

The winner of the largest jackpot in U.S. history has opted for up-front cash — a one-time payment of $877,784,124, the commission announced shortly before 5 p.m. Monday.

According to a statement from the commission, the winner confided in how unlikely the win was — that he (or she) had let a fellow customer buy a Quick Pick Mega Millions lottery ticket ahead of him (or her) in line the day he made his own lottery ticket purchase at the KC Mart in Simpsonville.

“We are delighted that the winner is a South Carolinian and has come forward to claim this remarkable prize," said Hogan Brown, the lottery commission’s executive director. "We respect the winner’s decision to remain anonymous, and we will honor the winner’s wishes.”
1968 Pontiac Firebird: Project Fire Chicken!
2015 Silverado Double Cab 5.3L Z71
2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L 5spd
2020 Chevrolet Equinox Premium 2.0L Turbo
2011 Mustang V6 ~ Wife's ride
American Born, Country by the Grace of God
1967 CST Shop Truck Rebuild!
My 1967 C-10 Build Thread
My Vintage Air A/C Install
Project "On a Dime"
Trying my hand at Home Renovation!
1965 Mustang Modifications!
67ChevyRedneck is offline   Reply With Quote