View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #75
Shaun1162

Re: Late 60's Vintage Modified Race Car

Have gotten some more work done on the rear suspension.....

So over the past week or so I've been thinking pretty hard about the seat for this car...

Looked at regular racing seats, old fiberglass seats, truck seats, etc, etc.

Then yesterday, I got the crazy idea... Why not use the seat frame that was in it?? (Don't think it was the first seat it had though)

Well, it had seen better days to say the least... And yes, the bottom of the frame was welded directly to the floor:

Pretty soon after I got the chassis back from the sandblaster, I cut out the seat and stashed it away, so yesterday I dragged it back out to see what was left of it...

Realized I didn't really need 1/8" plate as a seat back, so cut that out and welded up the holes and some of the bigger rust pits..

Then added a 2" flat piece to the back for some support, and then 1 1/2" pieces on the bottom of the seat, and drilled two holes in each. Later I welded 4 bolts through the holes so I had an easy way to attach it....

I think it'll work out pretty good now... Dropped it off at the local upholstery guy, hopefully he can work his magic on it

Need to start thinking about an emergency/parking brake system... My state requires it for a "Street Rod" inspection... That'll take a little engineering
- 1933 Ford Stock Car
Shaun1162 is offline   Reply With Quote