View Single Post
Old 02-10-2016, 01:06 PM   #17
Project_70'

Re: LS Swap 70c10 Need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1nova71 View Post
Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me, but that's if it's a 2wd. If it's a 4wd, then the trans won't do you much good, assuming you're building a 2wd since you didn't mention it being a 4x4. I agree with the other poster about just getting a 4l60e to go with it, better off in the long run. You'll get a little better fuel mileage with the overdrive, and like he said, you need a VSS. Some people say you don't, but more often than not, not having one can cause stalling problems when coming to a stop.

I would look that truck over good, you can usually get an idea of how many miles are on a truck by the condition of it, or at least be able to tell if it was properly maintained. If it's clean, it could be lower mileage or was owned by someone who cared about it. If it's a ragged out pile, then it probably has a boat load of miles and if it doesn't, it's probably never had an oil change and you don't want that. A 100k plus mile LS engine is still a good foundation, since these engines are built well so don't go only on miles.

Thanks man i'll definitely look it over as best as i can if i go after it. Also im guessing that the trucks check engine light is on and wont do anything because it was wrecked? could i be able and take a flashed pcm down there and somehow try and start it? theres a vid on youtube showing how to 2 wire start it but it needs a flashed pcm with vats removed.
Project_70' is offline   Reply With Quote